Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Yummy and Fast Recipes

I have been trying to TRY to make some new things for dinner lately and thought I would share a couple of the successes.  Both recipes come from the Taste of Home Busy Family Recipes magazine.  The magazine is full of fast meals that take very few ingredients or things you would have on hand.  First up...
Taco Salad Waffles
I used their pictures and not my real food---mostly because we ate too fast:)
These sound weird, but were actually fun and good---something new for a change!!
You need....
1 pound grond beef
1 cup salsa
1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles (I skipped these)
1 envelope taco seasoning
frozen eggo waffles

Cook and drain your ground beef.  Then add salsa, chiles and taco seasoning and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Toast Waffles and top with beef, shredded cheese, lettuce, tomatoes ( I skipped them--yuck!!), avocado, and sour cream. ENJOY!!!!

Next, BLT Pizza

You need....
1 tube (8 ounces) cresent rolls
1 cup mayo (I used sour cream)
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
shredded lettuce
12 bacon strips cooked and crumbled (I used REAL bacon bits instead and they worked great--not the yucky fake red ones)
Tomato
Sliced green onions
shredded cheese

Separate cresent dough into 8 triangles and place on pizza pan with points toward the center. (I used a square cookie sheet and just placed them all in there until they fit).
Make sure that the dough comes up the sides of the pan a little bit.  Seal all of the perforations.
Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. COOL.  ( I put the crust in the freezer to cool because I was in a hurry.  It worked and only took a few minutes.)
In a small bowl combine mayo and mustard ( I hate mayo and think it is gross and fattening so I used no fat sour cream and it worked great.  I also used more mustard to give it a kick).  Spread this onto the crust. Sprinkle with lettuce, bacon, tomato, onion and cheese.  It is a cool  (not cooked) pizza and also was good the next day out of the fridge.  SUPER EASY.  Todd thought it tasted like a Big Mac because of the mustard.  I don't know about that, but it was yum!!!

Good luck and have a yummy dinner!!!! 

No comments: