Thursday, March 11, 2010

Where the heck???

Where have you been???  What have you been doing???  These are the two questions I seem to be getting a lot of lately.  At least people are taking a break from the ever present "when are you gonna have another one??" (but that is a whole other post).  Em and I have been laying low since March began.  Amy had her baby---meaning less for us to go do:)  AND we have been enjoying the warm weather.  I am a bit of a home body, so we have been ---well----enjoying our home.  I have done a little spring cleaning--VERY little and tried to get my house back into a bit or order.  Besides that......
Todd and I attended the Pink night to remember charity auction at the Trac which was planned by a great group---including my Aunt Tami.  This is where I said goodbye to Birdies and Bunnies and raised a little money to help fight breast cancer.  Our table was sponsered by ....
FIVE STAR AUTO SALES.  I think I embarrassed Todd by taking a picture of our centerpiece, but not as much as I did by saying "HEY THAT'S US"  AND pointing, everytime our logo came up on the slide show screen (roughly every 15 minutes).  It was a fun night and Todd even bid on a few items--shocker I know.  Jenny however bid on EVERYTHING and single handedly tried to cure cancer:)  My Birdies sold for $275.00 and I am not sure about the Bunnies because it was in the silent auction.  Not to shabby for someone who only pretends to know how to quilt--haha!!
I FINALLY finished ALL of my burp cloths.  I have NO MORE flannel bits laying around the house again-----PHEWW!!  I don't usually do a project more than once, so I was BORED of burpie rags!!!!

I completed another kit for QUILTS FOR KIDS.  I had a hard time doing this one because the fabric they sent was---UGLY!!!  I didn't mind the front--even though hockey was not my favorite theme, BUT THE BACK!!!! YUCK!!!  Not a fan of the orange and red.  I am sure some kid will love it, but I am glad to be done with the orange.  This quilt though is a little special to me becuase it is my first attempt at free motion quilting on a whole quilt.  It turned out horrible and almost got thrown in the garbage, but at least I tried.  I am embarrassed to send it off because of how badly I did the quilting, but what elso do you do with an ugly hockey quilt from donated fabric???  Now I just need to PRACTICE!!! 

And my BIG accomplishment of the last couple days----fixing this ugly thing.....
 
This is one of the pillows from our family room couch--yucky I know.  I was sick of looking at them, so I got out my fabric and starting cutting.  This is what I came up with...

They are supposed to match the quilt that I made for our family room at the crafting retreat.  ONE PROBLEM though....the quilt is still un-quilted.  It is just a naked little quilt top.  I put it in the picture to see what I thought....a little wild, but not bad.  And the best part about the pillows....

They flip over for a whole new look.  I almost like the backs better---hmmm?????

I had no idea how to make pillows, so I ended up making the outside too big for my pillow forms.  SOOO I ripped apart another ugly pillow from my couch and used the filling to fill in the empty space.  Em LOVED stuffing the pillows with FLUFF.  Once I closed up the hole she wanted to know where her FLUFF went.  Now I have a sewing room floor covered with fluff and a sad kid with nothing to stuff:) 

She really gets into her crafts:)  We are gonna have SOOO much crafting fun when she gets a little older!!!!

The only downfall to new pillows.....  Last night when Todd layed on one I had to catch myself from yelling at him.  I guess they are not just for looking at---but I hate the idea of them having big yucky drool stains and fruit snacks stuck all over them.

No comments: