So I jumped out of my comfort zone and attempted to make a dress for Emersyn using this tutorial from Sew Inspired. It just used a t-shirt and a charm pack and voila!!! It sounded easy, but for me---not so much!!! I swear there was a curse on this dress from the start because every time I accomplished something I realized something ELSE was terribley wrong. For example, when I finally got the darn shirt hooked to the skirt, I realized that I had caught part of the front of the shirt into the seam and had a MESS. So I unpicked the seam--carefully--and after an hour, some major bad words, and a few thrown seam rippers, I got it out. The only problem---knit fabric sucks. I could see little marks where all the seams were unpicked--UGLY.
See where it had folded up and stupid me sewed it all into a mess?? I had two options--go buy another 2 dollar shirt and start over OR find something to cover the ugliness. I opted for ruffles.
I used this tutorial on ruffled shirts (and the cut off bottom part of the shirt) to create some ruffles to cover the front of the shirt. The ruffles were fun and not TOO hard, except at one point I did sew the front and back of the shirt together--SERIOUSLY!! Then the dress went into time out for a while and I went in search of some snacks.
All in all it turned out cute. I kinda like the ruffles. In fact I kinda wanna put ruffles on EVERYTHING now:)
Atty gave it a sniff of approval--but then quickly ran and hid when I threatend to add some ruffles to HER!!!
This was EM NOT cooperating. Read her lips--they say NO MOM--NO CHEESE!!!! I have another charm pack and would love to try this again, but I am currently enjoying the way it feels to be BACK IN my comfort zone:)