SOOOO I could not stop myself. I made my poor kid another dress--YES another one. Just what she needs RIGHT???? The problem...
I bought this tank for a couple dollars at a garage sale this weekend. I intended to wear it under things this summer, but it looked...NOT GOOD!!! So I tossed it into MY garage sale pile and planned to get my money back and sell it myself. Then I had a brainstorm---Re-Purpose it!!!
First, I cut the top off RIGHT underneath the sleeves. Then I cut the straps off to re-use. They were sewn with elastic thread and had a little bit of stretch to them---very handy so that I did not have to add elastic to the straps myself. Gotta love skipping steps:)
Then I stopped taking pictures and whipped up the dress (20 minutes or less). I folded the top edge under about a half inch and ironed it. Then I sewed around the top to form an elastic casing. I used quarter inch elastic. Emersyn was asleep, so I just measured another one of her summer dresses and cut the elastic a few inches shorter. Then I used the straps from the shirt and sewed them about 2 and a half inches from the side seam on the front and back. The shirt had a tie in the back, so I just left that alone and did not take the side seams in at all----I just left it extra full.
The combination of this cutie pie and the yummy smell of the lilacs she picked at Grandma June's yesterday made for a Happy Monday!!!