Tuesday, September 20, 2011
A little crush on my happy chairs....
THIS site to help with the actual upholstery. BUT I did a few things differently. I used oilcloth for starters. I KNEW that there was NO point in covering my chairs with fabric. That would have lasted about....2 minutes before they were totally ruined. So OILCLOTH it was. I ordered it from ETSY. I used THE OILCLOTH ADDICT. I would TOTALLY order from her again. She was nice, quick, helpful AND the price was right.
Another difference....It only took me about 1.5 yards of the 3 yards I ordered. She used 6 yards of fabric for 6 chairs. I only needed 1.5 for 3 chairs. Not sure what the difference was. I could do two across the width of the fabric. SOOO now I have a giant leftover piece of oilcloth---now I need another project.
ONE more difference, I used 2 inch foam instead of 1 inch foam. SOOO I folded my corners like a present instead of with pleats. I liked the way it looked....crisp and clean and square.
Posted by Jessica at 11:07 AM