Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A little break...

I have found myself taking a LITTLE break from A LOT of things.  Between keeping the house clean for the realtors and filling the ETSY shop....I am about pooped.  I have done very little crafting....besides this weekends crafting marathon....too bad I didn't ACTUALLY complete anything.  ANYWAY....I finally decided I NEEDED to take some ME time and read a bit.  It keeps me sane and slows me down...just what I needed.  The only problem I have now is staying up till after midnight every night reading and waking up a zombie....I guess everyone has problems....
Book 1 that I finished I started ages ago and NEEDED to just finish it up. 

Somewhere a Song by Judith Pella.  It is the 2nd book in the Daughters of Fortune series that I started a while back.  In this book, the 3 sisters go through the bombing of Pearl Harbor and all of the aftermath.  One sister is a reporter in Russia, experiencing the whole other side of the war.   One sister is in the Phillipines going through bombings, Japanese takeovers, running and escaping in the jungles, tropical diseases....you name it.  The third sister is married to a Japanese American and experiencing poor treatment by other Americans and possibly being sent to an internment camp.  Scary Stuff----I cannot believe America went through a war like that.  I loved this book and will for sure go out and find the 3rd one.


The 2nd book...
Simply Sara by Hillary Manton Lodge.  This is another number 2 book in a series.  The first book Plain Jayne I loved---remember it was about Amish country????  Well this one was about an Amish girl, Sara, who has chosen to leave the Amish lifestyle and learn about the rest of the world.  She struggles with finding a job, getting an education, getting into design school, understanding slang and pop culture...you name it, it is new to her.  She has to then figure out whether it was worth it to leave her family or if she should go back to her simple Amish life.  
TWO good ones...lucky me.  Sorry about all of the ..... (s).  I guess I am too tired for real punctuation....I guess the English Teacher side of me is still in bed sleeping.  I wish the rest of me was too!!!

1 comment:

Rosie said...

Yay for the ETSY shop! I wish we lived closer so you could teach me your ways:) I call you. I text you and.....nothing. Are we not friends anymore?!