Friday, April 8, 2011

2010 Book Review

I am still alive.  some days I do not feel like it...but alive I am!!!  I have spent VERY little time in my craft room and almost zero time sewing or doing ANYthing very productive.  BUT the last couple of weeks I have FINALLY gotten back to reading.  I REALLY like looking back at what I have read in 2010, so I want to make another list for 2011.  BUT I need to finish off last year FIRST. 
The last two books I read in 2010 were from the same series, THE KINGDOM AND THE CROWN.  I read the 1st book a while back and decided to continue on.  These books are FICTIONal accounts of the life and times of Jesus Christ.  Book 2 followed many fictional characters as they accepted Jesus as their Savior and began to join him.  Jesus is a character in the book, along with the 12 Apostles.  It is great to read the events of the New Testament (healings, miracles, teachings, etc), in an easy to read manner.  It combines all of the gospels too, making the timeline flow in a way I had never known. 

Book 2, BEHOLD THE MAN, is not as easy to read.  This book continues to story of ALL of the characters, but it focus on the last days of Christ and the death of Jesus.  Even though it was a great experience to read through these events and learn more about the Savior, it was hard to take at some times.  Sometimes I had to put the book in time out and take an emotional break.  It may have just been been because I was pregnant though =)  If you are a Christian, these books are amazing.  I would recommend them to anyone.  I think we can all stand to learn more about Jesus, and these books help make it easier. 
SOOO the grand total for the year, 39 books.  Not bad!!!  Here is the final list. 
* = a book I would recommend

*39.  Behold The Man---Gerald Lund

*38.  Come Unto Me---Gerald Lund

*37. Simply Sara--Hillary Manton Lodge


*36. Somewhere a Song---Judith Pella

*35. She Walks in Beauty--Siri Mitchell

34. Sixteen Brides---Stephanie Grace Whitson

*33. Written on the Wind--Judith Pella

32. Morning's Refrain--Tracie Peterson

31. Dawn's Prelude---Tracie Peterson

*30. Plain Jayne---Hillary Manton Lodge

*29. Bound----Sally Gunning

28. Lavender Morning---Jude Devereaux

27. The Best Of Times---Anita Stanfield

26. Angels Fall---Nora Roberts

25. Honest Illusions---Nora Roberts

*24. Splendor---Anna Godbersen

*23. Envy---Anna Godbersen

*22. Rumors---Anna Godbersen

*21. The Luxe----Anna Godbersen


*20. Sarah's Key---Tatiana De Rosney

19. The Queen's Governess---Karen Harper

18. The House at Riverton---Kate Morton

17. Twilight of a Queen--Susan Carroll

16. The King's Grace--Anne Easter Smith

15. Days of Gold---Jude Devereux

14. Crocodile on the Sandbank---Elizabeth Peters

*13. Graceling--Kristin Cashore

12. The Heiress--Jude Devereux

11. A Knight In Shining Armor--Jude Devereux

10. North by Northanger----Carrie Bebris

9. Mistress of the Sun---Sandra Gulland

*8. I Heard That Song Before--Mary Higgins Clark

7. Plum Lucky--Janet Evanovich

6. Plum Lovin'--Janet Evanovich

5. Key of Valor--Nora Roberts

4. Key of Knowledge--Nora Roberts

3. Key of Light--Nora Roberts

2. No Place Like Home---Mary Higgins Clark

*1.The Writing On The Wall----Dean Hughes

No comments: